Electronic Dance Music (EDM) is undoubtedly one of the largest genres in music today. Despite being an ever growing community, the separation between fans and members of the industry has always been visible, with fans knowing little to nothing about what goes on behind the scenes. Wired Music Week aims to change that.
Wired Music Week was founded by Malaysia-based John Beh and Michael Mah, who launched RBRN IDEAS with the idea of hosting Wired Music Week to improve the current music industry in Asia by discovering and helping a younger generation of talent "unravel" the local and global music industry, they said in a press release.
Wired Music Week is a new convention complete with seminars, workshops, panel discussions, demo listening sessions, master classes and club nights over three days. Label executives, artists, event promoters and more industry personnel from Germany, Australia, The Netherlands, the UK, Taiwan, Philippines, Japan, Sweden, Malaysia and Thailand will be in attendance.
Notable names like Sven De Groot, the label manager for Revealed Records (founded by Hardwell), and Justine Servais, the international PR and promotions manager for Armada Music (founded by Armin Van Buuren), will be involved in panel discussions. More participants are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
Check out the list of confirmed artists, speakers and labels involved in Wired Music Week below.
- Thomas Gold – Germany (pictured, right)
- RayRay – Taiwan (pictured, middle)
- Jenil – Philippines
- Currley – Malaysia
- 22Bullets – Thailand
- Onderkoffer – Netherlands
- Tymen – Netherlands
- Tom Westy – London
- Slumberjack – Australia / LA (pictured, left)
- Wessel Westerveld – A&R & Label Manager, 2 Dutch Music Group
- Michael Van Gessel – Marketing & Artist Manager, 2 Dutch Music Group
- Sampo Kaskia – Label Manager, UKF / AEI Group
- Farhana Aboo – Head of Marketing & Data, UKF / NCS / AEI Group
- Sarah Stam – Marketing & PR, UKF / NCS / AEI Group
- Joey Suki – Artist Coaching
- Allan Eshuijs – Artist & Managing Director, VocalKitchen
- Reason Xie – Booking Director, theLoop
- Justine Servais – International PR & Promotion Manager, Armada Music
- Iqbal Ameer – CEO, Livescape Group
- Mattijs Van Welzenis – A&R Manager & Artist Manager, Revealed Recordings / Sorted Management
- Sven De Groot – Label & Artist Manager, Revealed Recordings / Mass Appeal Management
- Bart Van Der Plas – Co-Founder, Head of Events, Future House Music
- Aart Van Den Pool – Founder, A&R Director, Future House Music
- Gino Van Eijk – Co-Founder, Label Manager / Future House Music
- Rachata Thunyavuthi – Founder & Managing Partner / One Agency / Zaap Organiser
- Mike Elderenbosch – Creative Director / Young Gunz
- Sanjeev Raj – Entertainment Manager / Kyo KL
- 2 Dutch Records
- Dutch Master Works
- Blue Forest
- Skink Recordings
- Revealed Recordings
- Future House Music
- AEI Group
The Wired Music Week launch party will take place on Friday, 11 May, with panel discussions, seminars and more running through Saturday, 12 May and Sunday, 13 May. Tickets for the convention includes access to the launch party.
Wired Music Week is set to take place from 11 May to 13 May at Tamarind Square, Cyberjaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 11:30am to 10pm. Single day passes are available for RM 158 (SGD $54), while two day passes are available at RM 258 (SGD $88). Get your tickets here.