There may be no shows these days, but there's no way to cancel music.
Warner Music Group is throwing PlayOn Fest, the first ever 3-day virtual music festival to bring live music by Bruno Mars, Green Day, Slipknot, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, Anderson .Paak, Twenty One Pilots, and many more straight to your homes.
The concerts, which all come from Warner Music's vaults, will also take viewers to the most iconic festivals and venues including Coachella, Lollapdalooza, Bonnaroo, the O2 Arena, the Sydney Opera House, and the Apollo Theater.
PlayOn Fest kicks off midnight of April 25 until 27 (Southeast Asia Time). All proceeds will be donated to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for WHO. Fans may also donate during the event to help frontline workers get the gear and supplies they need in order to ensure the health of their patients.
"Thank you to all of the healthcare workers who are dedicating their services and helping to save lives," Grammy-winning rapper Cardi B says in a statement, "Since I can’t get on stage right now...I’m throwing it back to my party at the Global Citizen Festival to hopefully send some love and light to y’all. Stay safe everyone!”
“During this pandemic, we are all searching for ways to stay connected,” Elizabeth Cousens, President & CEO of the UN Foundation, says. “The PlayOn Fest is a great way to come together, enjoy good music and company, and support the World Health Organization’s most urgent global work to combat COVID-19.”
PlayOn Fest will feature these stunning performances below:
- Nipsey Hussle (the incredible Victory Lap album release show from the Hollywood Palladium).
- Coldplay (taken from the band’s São Paulo, Brazil show during their A Head Full Of Dreams Tour in 2017, which became the third biggest tour of all time).
- Bruno Mars (24K Magic Live at the Apollo – Mars’ first primetime special that was recorded from the stage of the legendary Harlem theater in 2017).
- Panic! At The Disco (shot during their sold-out arena tour at the famed O2 Arena in London in 2019).
- Ed Sheeran (taking his stadium show to the intimate Austin City Limits stage for a special performance on the iconic PBS series in 2017).
- KORN (a groundbreaking performance filmed inside of a living art installation celebrating the release of their 2019 album The Nothing).
- Anitta’s spellbinding 2019 Rock In Rio Festival set at Parque Olímpico in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Cardi B’s explosive 2018 Global Citizen show from New York’s Central Park.
- David Guetta’s crossover Tomorrowland 2017 set featuring the hits “Without You,” “Titanium,” “Hey Mama” and more.
- Janelle Monáe’s enthralling 2019 Coachella mainstage performance.
- Andra Day’s 2017 Global Citizen Festival set, where she performed a beautiful rendition of Billie Holiday’s "Strange Fruit.”
- Pablo Alborán’s massive Seville 2018 stadium performance on the "I Promise" tour.
- Twenty One Pilots’ closing headline set at Lollapalooza Brazil in 2019, where they performed to almost 100,000 people.
- The Flaming Lips from Australia’s iconic Sydney Opera House in 2019, where they celebrated the 20th anniversary of their monumental album, The Soft Bulletin.
- Green Day’s set from MTV’s World Stage Seville during the 2019 EMAs.
- Lil Uzi Vert’s 2018 Lollapalooza debut.
- Gary Clark Jr.’s latest headline appearance on Austin City Limits, celebrating his Grammy-winning album This Land.
- Paramore’s long-awaited Bonnaroo debut performance.
- Portugal. The Man’s 2018 Coachella set that helped keep rock alive at that year’s festival, which had no rock headliners for the first time.
- Weezer’s 2019 nostalgia-filled third Coachella performance.
- Wiz Khalifa’s 2019 Coachella set, marking his third appearance at the fest.
- CHANMINA’s March 2019 concert at Tokyo’s Zepp music hall.
The full line-up and additional information will be available soon playonfest.com.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends everyone to regularly wash their hands, cover their mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, and thoroughly cooking meat and eggs.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, tiredness, dry cough, sore throat, runny nose, and shortness of breath, contact the DOH COVID-19 Hotline at (02)8-651-7800 local: 1149-1150.