Aliwal Arts Night Crawl (#AliwalANC19), the annual multi-disciplinary arts festival held in Kampong Glam, returns for its seventh edition. The signature event by Aliwal Arts Centre pays homage to the rich cultural heritage of Kampong Glam. The festival will feature curated programmes that fuse tradition and heritage with a contemporary edge. From storytelling tours, performances, to immersive workshops and a night market, join artists in Aliwal Arts Centre and their partners and discover new interpretations of Kampong Glam’s past and present.
Highlights of the festival include:
- Art and Storytelling tours: Join the tours to uncover the rich cultural and heritage secrets of Kampong Glam. RSCLS helms the street art tour, D’tour, bringing participants to check out new works in the district. Travel through time on MoonShadow Stories’ sensory storytelling tour as storytellers tell the tales reimagined from folklore and history of Kampong Glam’s aristocrats, merchants and ethnic communities.
- Performances: Enjoy multi-disciplinary performances incorporating modern technology into art. Experience poetry reading together with participants from various countries through virtual reality. Soak into dance and music performances by Teatre Ekamatra, NADI Singapura, SGMUSO and more.
- Exhibitions: Check out exhibits curated by RSCLS and 9 Lives Show that showcase the stories of Kampong Glam including its residents, shop owners and even its cats!
- Workshops: Express your creativity by creating unique masterpieces at art and music workshops held by RSCLS, 9 Lives Show and NADI Singapura.
- Lifestyle: Delight in a special edition of So Gelam Market. The pop-up market will line Aliwal Street with a mix of traditional and modern food as well as merchandise.
Event is free but registration is required for selected programmes at aliwalartscentre.sg