Join us at Kreatif Connections from 29 June - 1 July to celebrate the creative collaboration and friendship between Indonesia and Singapore. Musicians, artists and craft makers from both countries will gather for a three-day extravaganza at the Empress Lawn and ACM (Asian Civilisations Museum).
This festival caps off the RISING50 celebrations - commemorating 50 years of bilateral ties between Indonesia and Singapore, which commenced last year. The name is a combination of “RI” for the Republic of Indonesia, “SING” for Singapore, and “50” for the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between both countries. #KreatifConnections #RISING50
Admission is free!
1. Catch the production of Cupu Manik Astagina: The Sacred Jewel Box which tells the tale of a celestial jewel box that holds secrets of the past and future. Proudly staged by Angger Gamelan Ensemble, Gamelan Asmaradana Ltd., Pamenang Dance Community and Peneroka Daya Tari - PDT Singapore.
Friday, 29 June, 8.15pm to 8.30pm @ Empress Lawn (abridged version)
Saturday, 30 June, 8.00pm to 9.30pm @ Empress Lawn (full production)
2. Soak up the music at the Outdoor Pop Concert featuring artists such as singer Aisyah Aziz and musician Isyana Sarasvati.
Friday, 29 June, 8.30pm to 10.30pm @ Empress Lawn
3. Be part of art and engage your talents in a Community Batik Painting session, designed by batik artist Tumadi Patri.
Friday, 29 June, 7pm to 10pm @ Asian Civilisations Museum Lobby
Saturday, 30 June, 1pm to 5pm & 7pm to 10pm @ ACM (Asian Civilisations Museum) Lobby
Sunday, 1 July, 1pm to 5pm @ ACM (Asian Civilisations Museum) Lobby
4. Check out the new art and sound installation The Current/s We Call Home | Arus Berlabuh Kita, which arose from the collaboration between artists Kabul (Budi Agung Kuswara) and Mintio (Samantha Agung Tio), and inspired by transnational families from Indonesia and Singapore.
29 June to 2 December 2018 @ ACM (Asian Civilisations Museum)
5. Discover the artists across Indonesia and Singapore in a new audio tour, available on the Gallery Explorer App from 29 June. Explore works by these artists who travelled between Indonesia and Singapore in their artistic journey, and learn how their travels inspired them in their art.
Workshops / Other Activities:
1. Expand your knowledge of gamelan in this workshop jointly conducted by Angger Gamelan Ensemble and Gamelan Asmaradana Ltd.. You'll learn the different styles of learning gamelan and see which style suites you most.
Saturday, 30 June, 4pm to 5pm @ ACM (Asian Civilisations Museum) Gamelan Gallery
2. Groove to the rhythm as Pamenang Dance Community and Peneroka Daya Tari - PDT Singapore shows us the uniqueness of Javanese and Malay dance, and how they complement each other.
Friday, 29 June, 8.30pm to 9.30pm @ ACM (Asian Civilisations Museum) Shaw Foyer
2. (Workshop fully subscribed) Customise your scent at Jet'aime Perfumery's workshop, where participants can blend fragrances familiar in Indonesia and Singapore.
Friday, 29 June, 7.30pm to 8.30pm @ ACM (Asian Civilisations Museum)River Room
3. (Workshop fully subscribed) Learn traditional leather crafting techniques with Bengkel 7 and make your own key pouch or envelope card holder.
Saturday, 30 June, 1pm to 2pm @ ACM (Asian Civilisations Museum)River Room
4. (Workshop fully subscribed) Learn to blend tea into unique flavours such as Seri Kaya, Ice Kacang, Chicken Rice, etc in this workshop conducted by ETTE TEA
Saturday, 30 June, 2.30pm to 3.30pm @ ACM (Asian Civilisations Museum) River Room
...and many more!
Register for the free workshops here: http://ptix.at/TIVp3k. Limited spaces available!