The 12th Golden Indie Music Awards (GIMA) are looking for this year's Best Asian Creative Artist Awardee.
Taiwan's Bureau of Audiovisual and Music Industry Development (BAMID), Ministry of Culture has announced that applications for the Best Asian Creative Artist Award at the upcoming Golden Indie Music Awards (GIMA) are now open. It marks the second year of the award, following last year’s ceremony where Indonesian rapper Rich Brian won the title for his work on The Sailor.
Interested musicians may submit their applications on the official GIMA website. The registration period will run from 11 June to 12 July. Musicians may submit their work by mailing physical CDs or via Google Drive or cloud spaces to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The eligibility criteria for Best Asian Creative Artist is as follows:
- Artist(s) must be non-Taiwanese and do not reside in Taiwan and China
- Artist(s) will self-apply for the award online, but nominations will be selected by a judging panel
- Their music must be promoted and distributed in markets outside of Taiwan
- Submitted albums/EPs must be released between July 1st, 2020 and June 30th, 2021
- For albums submitted, music/lyrics/work must be at least 70% of original works of the artist(s)
- For EPs submitted, music/lyrics/work must be at 100% original works of the artist(s)
For more information on the eligibility criteria, click here to find out more. For any enquiries, artists can email email@example.com for more information.
Like what you read? Show our writer some love!