After rounding down the thirty aspirants to this year's edition of PhilPop, the Top 10 songwriters to carry on with the competition have been chosen.
The Top 10 finalists of the Filipino songwriting competition were announced at the Pinoy Playlist Music Festival last Wednesday (10/17) at the Sunlife Amphitheater in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. The finalists were chosen through judge's choice (50%), online streaming (25%), and Smart's People Choice (25%) via SMS and Twitter.
Here are the PhilPop 2018 Top 10 finalists:
- Jeriko Buenafe with 'Ako Ako,' interpreted by Feel Day feat. Hans Dimayuga
- Ferdinand Aragon with ''Di Ko Man'
- Carlo Angelo David with 'Isang Gabing Pag-Ibig,' interpreted by Jex De Castro
- Philip Arvin Jarilla with 'Kariton,' interpreted by Acapellago
- Elmar Bolaño and Donel Trasporto Tigbauan with 'Laon Ako,' interpreted by Kakai Bautista
- Ed Miraflor Jr. with 'Loco De Amor!,' interpreted by BennyBunnyBand
- Chud Festejo with 'Nanay Tatay'
- Sean Gabriel Cedro and John Ray Reodique with 'Pilipit,' interpreted by Julian Trono
- Michael Rodriguez and Jeanne Columbine Rodriguez with 'Tama Na,' interpreted by Katrina Velarde
- Donnalyn Onilongo with 'Yun Tayo,' interpreted by Gracenote
The PhilPop Festival Finals Night will be held at Capitol Commons in Pasig City on December 2 (Sunday), where the Top 10 finalists and their interpreters are slated to showcase their music.