Taiwan's Golden Indie Music Awards (GIMA) has opened applications for this year, marking its 11th installment. Organised by the Taiwan Ministry of Culture, GIMA is known among indie musicians as a prestigious award which highlighted the successes of Elephant Gym, Leo王, Julia Wu, ØZI, and more.
This year, GIMA will be introducing a new category entitled 'Best Asian Creative Artist', in which Asian artists outside of Taiwan are welcome to apply for.
The eligibility criteria for Best Asian Creative Artist is as follows:
- Artist(s) must be non-Taiwanese and do not have any residency status in Taiwan or China. Hence, they can only apply to this category
- Artist(s) will self-apply for the award, however, their nomination will be done by a judging panel
- Their music must be distributed or published in markets outside of Taiwan
- Submitted Albums/EPs must be released between July 1st, 2019 and June 30th, 2020
- For albums submitted, works/compositions/lyrics must be at least 70% original works of the artist(s)
- For EPs submitted, works/compositions/lyrics must be 100% original works of the artist(s)
Artists may submit their application here on the official GIMA website from 1 June to 3 July 2020. For more information on eligibility criteria, check out the announcement below:
Cover image credit: Elephant Gym Facebook and Leo王 Facebook
Like what you read? Show our writer some love!