The 25th Webby Awards have announced their winners!
Presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences, the annual awards seeks to honour “the best of the Internet”. Hosted by actress Jameela Jamil, the ceremony was livestreamed on 18 May.
Tune in now to experience the 25th Annual Webby Awards hosted by @JameelaJamilOfficial at https://t.co/rifbSSzu5X! #Webbys pic.twitter.com/bSoIMhcSiC— The Webby Awards (@TheWebbyAwards) May 18, 2021
Notable winners include K-pop group BTS, who bagged a total of three awards. Under the General Video category, their virtual commencement YouTube series Dear Class of 2020 took home the People’s Voice Award for Events & Live Streams.
Additionally, the ‘BTS Carpool Karaoke’ video with British comedian James Corden won the People’s Voice award for Variety & Reality. Under the Music (Virtual & Remote) category, BTS also achieved both People’s Voice and Webby awards for their MAP OF THE SOUL ON:E online concert powered by Kiswe.
BRIT Award-winning singer Dua Lipa also took home two awards for the General Video category. Her music video for ‘Hallucinate’ won the People’s Voice Award for Animation.
Additionally, her video ‘Dua Lipa Has New Rules for COVID Dating’ with James Corden achieved the Webby for Comedy: Shortform Video.
Other music honours include ‘Megan Thee Stallion x New York Times: Protecting Women of Color’, which won the Webby for Best Editing under the Video category. Singer-songwriter Pharrell Williams also took home the inaugural Webby Anthem Award for his work on building racial equity in education and entrepreneurship.
Check out the list below for music-related wins:
- ‘Hallucinate’ by Dua Lipa — Animation (People’s Voice)
- ‘Dua Lipa Has New Rules for COVID Dating’ — Comedy: Shortform Video
- ‘BTS Carpool Karaoke’ — Variety & Reality (People’s Voice)
- Dear Class of 2020 by BTS — Events & Livestreams (People’s Voice)
- NPR Music Tiny Desk Concerts — Music, Video Series & Channels
- Megan Thee Stallion x New York Times - Protecting Women of Color — Best Editing
- Hamilton - Twitter Watch Party — Events & Livestreams; Social Content Series & Campaigns
- 2020 MTV Video Music Awards — Events & Livestreams (Honoree)
- Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical — Television & Film (Video) (People’s Voice)
- An Oral History of The Office by Spotify — Comedy (Honoree); Entertainment (People’s Voice)
Websites & Mobile Sites
- Alone With Me by Spotify — Music; General Websites & Mobile Sites
Check out the full list of winners here.