Want to find out the most Shazamed song of all time?
Shazam, the application that identifies music playing around you, has crossed over 200 million monthly active users globally. To celebrate the special milestone, Apple Music released a playlist of the Top 100 Most-Shazamed Songs of all time, available exclusively on the digital streaming platform.
Topping the playlist with Tones and I's pop earworm, 'Dance Monkey' with over 36.6 million Shazams since its release in June 2019, Lilly Wood & The Prick & Robin Schulz’s 'Prayer In C (Robin Schulz Radio Edit)' followed by Passenger’s 'Let Her Go' are tight runner-ups that closed the top three.
Tones and I shared on the remarkable achievement, "Shazam has been a huge platform for me in terms of reaching people. I didn’t have a following when I released ‘Dance monkey,’ but it gave me the opportunity to reach more people and elevate my fan-base, which has all let to creating a career for myself."
Here are the Top 10 tracks on Shazam:
1. 'Dance Monkey' - Tones and I
2. 'Prayer In C (Robin Schulz Radio Edit)' - Lilly Wood & The Prick & Robin Schulz
3. 'Let Her Go' - Passenger
4. 'Wake Me Up' - Avicii
5. 'Lean On (feat. MØ)' - Major Lazer and DJ Snake
6. 'Thinking Out Loud' - Ed Sheeran
7. 'Cheap Thrills' - SIA
8. 'Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra)' - Gotye
9. 'This Girl (Kungs vs Cookin' On 3 Burners) [Extended]' - Kungs, Cookin' On 3 Burners
10. 'Take Me To Church' - Hozier
Shazam allows you to identify the music and even TV shows that are playing around you by creating a digital footprint of the audio then matching it against their database of over a million music tracks and TV shows.
Listen to the playlist here: